What is water damage restoration?
Water damage restoration is a specialized service that works to remove water damage from your home and restore it to a liveable condition.
Water damage can cause a range of issues in your home, which is why water damage restoration services are offered by mold removal companies like Mold Remediation USA.
Water restoration can be available for 24/7 emergency needs through your insurance company. As water mitigation is not something all insurance companies offer, we are going to talk you through the process in this guide so you can make the best decision as a homeowner.
What Is Water Damage Repair and Restoration?
Water cleanup after a flood is not like drying up a leak caused by water heaters or other household appliances. Instead, the water restoration process can be very complicated depending on the severity of the flooding and water damage which is why a water restoration company is required.
Water damage can impact all areas of your home, and it is not only a messy process within itself but standing water can also lead to other issues such as mold growth which can cause health risks.
One of the main reasons why water mitigation and restoration emergency services, such as flood cleanup, are so difficult is because the home has a variety of materials in it, many of which are porous. The damage caused by a leak or flood might mean that some of your property cannot be repaired and will need to be disposed of by the water damage mitigation professionals.
Water restoration services provided by a water mitigation company include a damage assessment, control of the water source, and restoration of the property. As you can see, these repair services can be very difficult, especially when dealing with a large amount of water, which is why you should rely on restoration specialists.
Many damage water restoration companies are available 24 hours a day for emergencies, although timing might be different during Covid-19 restrictions.
What is the Water Damage Restoration Process?
The water mitigation process can differ between businesses, especially those which are independently owned and operated, but all aim to prevent further damage. Flood damage and storm damage can be devastating for your home. Restoration professionals aim to restore water-damaged homes to get them back into a liveable state. When you have a water damage emergency, using something like ServiceMaster cleaning machine on hardwood flooring will not be enough, as extraction is a much larger process.
Water mitigation services work through this process when it comes to damage restoration of a home:
1) Inspection and Moisture Testing: This will be done so the team can gather all the information they need about the damaged items, which will guide their next steps.
2) Water Removal: This is the beginning of the water extraction, and those with experience will start extracting water standing first.
3) Drying and Dehumidifying: The drying process uses air movers to remove moisture from materials.
4) Cleaning: Within the cleaning, equipment like ServiceMaster clean tools will be used to sanitize.
5) Restoration and Repair: Once the property is clean, water restoring professionals will start to get the property back into a liveable state. You will notice an immediate difference after professionals have been in. A similar emergency service is required for fire damage.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Talk directly to the owner for the best price!